On the scale of everything that people have ever done and will ever do, multiple view points are always there.
Tomorrow, Barack Obama will give a speech he wrote himself. This is the opposite of the last president.
Maybe the ability to play opposites against each other ~ to see what is going on ~ will be possible now.
A grand scale of idea and information exchange may now be able to swing across full spectrums of public opinion. What a perfect mathematics and art problem. Solving this problem in meaningful ways would include:
* Incorporating diverse viewpoints, agendas, and business models;
* Opening and strengthening communication channels;
Opposites can look alike – maybe people had to dislike Sarah Palin before being able to laugh with Tina Fey. Maybe there had to be an economic crisis and two wars to:
* Speed up the pace of innovation about strategic data capture and efficient re-use;
Obama’s brand new speech tomorrow will address the oldest problems where:
* Seeing, being able to work with and fine tune diverse viewpoints in pragmatic, opposite-side-of-the-coin-ways may be able to help really understand what transparent governance looks like and how it functions;
* Public safety is the opposite of paranoia;
* Openess and Reason are the opposite of opaqueness, IE opacity, without the ability to see, compare or study;
* Actually thinking and considering multiple viewpoints are the opposite of rash actions that cost a lot of money and do not actually deliver schools or other locally useful buildings to the people supposedly being helped;
When Barack Obama takes office, the future is a welcome opposite to the past.